The day that changed my life forever.
On the eve of Ellis' 1st birthday, I thought I would write a few thoughts floating through my head today. Warning- this is completely random.
364 days ago, I was chilling at St. Joseph Hospital, about to begin my next great adventure! You remember those Johnson and Johnson commercials, "A baby changes everything"?, little did I know how true that was. For 34 years I had been able to do what I wanted, when I wanted, as I wanted (within reason). Now my life focuses around Eb: his wake times, nap times, feeding times, bed times, his mood, his health, his growth and development. Even seemingly simple things, like arranging a play date with an older friend, become complicated due to different nap times. I am not complaining one bit, Ellis is the best, sweetest thing in my whole world, in case you were unaware of my feelings. Just lamenting on the changes in my life over this year.
Once upon a time I counted his age in weeks... 3 weeks, 7 weeks, then at about 16 weeks, Ellis stopped being a "weekly" kind of guy and graduated into the months. Now, he's 12 months, or 52 weeks, or 365 days, or 1 year old. What's next?? Back to months I suppose.
Now that the cake is frosted (it's a super cute train, will post pics later), the party space is reserved, the hors d'oeuvres are chilling, the gift if wrapped, the Cam Corder batteries and camera batteries are charging, and the goodie bags are stuffed, I think tomorrow's big day should go off without a hitch. I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night and think of something I forgot to do, better keep note taking materials by my bed.
Now that Ellis is becoming a walker of sorts, he's getting more and more owies... I just hope the head bang he took today won't be visible tomorrow; that would be unfortunate for pictures. I can't wait to see what he does with that cake/frosting/candle. Yes, I'm throwing out my 'healthy food for baby' plan, for just one day- he's getting chocolate cake, with toffee crunchies, and cream cheese frosting. Total sugar overload, I am not sure what he'll do, other than get a major tummy ache I'm sure. Why do parents do this?
This has been the fastest year of my life~ how could so much change and growth happen in only 365 days?
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations, mama. It's ever amazing how fast your life starts to pass with a child in it.
It just keeps getting more and more fun, can't wait to see what the next year brings you both!
Oh, and Natalie's birthday was supposed to be 2-25-05, but she waited 7 hours for 2-26-05 (screwed everything up!) and my husband was born on on the 17th at 17:17 (5:17pm).
Post a Comment